We all know we should drink more water. But how much do we need? The Institute of Medicine recommends three liters of total fluid for men (roughly 13 cups) and 2.2 liters for women (about 9 cups) per day. But remember that includes water from ALL sources, including food like soups, fruits and veggies and other beverages.
Try these tips for upping your water intake:
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning
- Carry a reusable, BPA-free water bottle with you
- Set alarms or computer reminders for each hour
- Develop personal triggers to take more sips, such as
- An incoming call or text
- Someone walking into your work space
- A commercial break on TV or radio
- Add fresh fruit to enhance flavor
Make H2O a part of your daily routine! It helps you feel full, flushes toxins out of your body, keeps your mind alert and helps you avoid headaches. It is also calorie-free! So drink up.